BRUSSELS: The framework agreement between the EU and Australia officially enters into force, marking a new phase in the bilateral relationship.
This milestone agreement consolidates the strategic partnership between the EU and Australia and encourages closer links among leaders, business and civil society.
Importantly, the agreement will guide future engagement between both parties and enable them to tackle challenges at the bilateral, regional and global levels.
The objective of the framework agreement is to strengthen cooperation across a broad range of policy areas, namely:
• Foreign policy and security,
• Global development and humanitarian aid,
• Economic and trade issues,
• Justice and legal cooperation,
• Research, innovation and the information society,
• Education and culture,
• Sustainable development, energy, and transport,
• Fisheries and maritime affairs,
The post EU-Australia relations: framework agreement enters into force today appeared first on The Frontier Post.